Sign in to follow this  
Kenny

Just an idea please give feed back.

OK so, my idea is to remove the requirement to unlock Necromancy robes from trimmed comp this would also mean that they are no longer bought thru the Glacor rewards shop, instead you can obtain them from some boss (not sure what yet) that will drop a "necromancy kit" that you can use to upgrade your Ahrim's to (a slightly buffed version of Ahrim's would be around t75 id say) will offer the follow stats.

Necromancy hood-

Attack bonus

• slash - +0
  • stab - +0
  • crush - +0 
  • magic - +6
  • range - -2

Defense 

• slash - +15
  • stab - +13
  • crush - +16
  • magic - +6
  • range - +0

Other

• strength - +0
  • range strength - +0
  • magic damage - +1
  • prayer - +2

Necromancy robe top-

Attack bonus

• slash - +0
  • stab - +0
  • crush - +0
  • magic - +30
  • range - -10

Defense 

• slash - +52
  • stab - +37
  • crush - +63
  • magic - +30
  • range - +0

Other

• strength - +0
  • range strength - +0
  • magic damage - +1
  • prayer - +2

Necromancy robe skirt-

Attack bouns

• slash - +0
  • stab - +0
  • crush - +0
  • magic - +22
  • range - -7

Defense 

• slash - +33
  • stab - +30
  • crush - +36
  • magic - +22
  • range - +0

Other

• strength - +0
  • range strength - +0
  • magic damage - +1
  • prayer - +2

They would share the same defensive stats of Ahrim's with a slight prayer and magic damage % boost. not sure what they would come from at the moment but this is just an idea as we do not have much variety at lower levels for magic Armour. 

4 minutes ago, iron crab said:

i personally would like for it to stay the way it is

any reason to why? clearly the obtain robes requirement would be replaced with something new, id imagine, also this would make these robes actually useful currently all they offer is some magic damage and accuracy and a bit of prayer bonus besides that they are kinda junk, and this could give us a chance to make a dead content npc or boss relevant again, and would also make the robes trade-able obviously, idk i just feel its kinda weird where they are at now i am just trying to fill out gaps in gear that we currently don't have so :P 

10 hours ago, Kenny said:

any reason to why? clearly the obtain robes requirement would be replaced with something new, id imagine, also this would make these robes actually useful currently all they offer is some magic damage and accuracy and a bit of prayer bonus besides that they are kinda junk, and this could give us a chance to make a dead content npc or boss relevant again, and would also make the robes trade-able obviously, idk i just feel its kinda weird where they are at now i am just trying to fill out gaps in gear that we currently don't have so :P 

because even tho i hate farming glacors/nomad/other bosses for armadyl shards, they are challenging to get & thats what the comp(t) cape should be. a challenge. requirements have been removed here & there; sadly making the accomplishment less impressive with each removed req. buff the set, sure. even make the set harder to get because you might buff it.

3 hours ago, iron crab said:

because even tho i hate farming glacors/nomad/other bosses for armadyl shards, they are challenging to get & thats what the comp(t) cape should be. a challenge. requirements have been removed here & there; sadly making the accomplishment less impressive with each removed req. buff the set, sure. even make the set harder to get because you might buff it.

I fully understand this and trust me, just because we are removing stuff dose not mean we are not looking for new/challenging requirements as i have mentioned on discord we are fully open to suggestions for new completionist content as we do agree with the statement that its lacking and should 100% be challenging to get trimmed at least, as for the pet requirement it was a bit unrealistic to make people spend 2500-5000 hours to collect all pets amusing they are lucky that is. but we are for sure on the same page with this matter. :D 

That pet requirement was a pretty good one in my opinion. It'll give everyone one extra reason to do every boss & not just stick to one. Even if it does take them 2500-500 hours, comp(t) should be the cape the most experience players should wear.

Good suggestion. I think an upgraded version of ahrims would be pretty cool. If people aren't down for the necro robes being that... is there anything else that could be used for it? (I don't play rs, so I'm not aware of all the items/gear), but that could be kind of a middle ground, and keep necro as is (if the community doesn't want to see it removed from trim, etc).

Personally, I don't have a strong opinion on it. I'm happy with my normal comp xD But like I said, I do think an upgraded version of ahrims could be pretty cool. & I like the idea of adding new drops, of course! It makes bosses/NPC's active.

I like this. Briefly glancing at the stats, itll be mid-level armour like you suggested so it wont de-value higher tier gear. Which is nice. 

The kits could also be spread around say 3 different bosses that are dead or dying, 3 easier bosses because its only mid level armour. (if you plan on doing 3 different kits, that is.) Tho hood could come from Giant mole, for example. Currently nobody really does mole, unless its for a slayer task. And thats rare to see. 

As for removing necromancer gear from the Glacor store and trimmed comp requirements... I would actually like to see it remain on there. Its one of the more versatile requirements, that doesnt NEED to be camped at one specific place. You can mix it up a bit where you get the shards from; the original spot at glacors, as a small reward from Nomad which is nice as a bonus while working for Nox, or you can mix it up by going to a wildy boss. Currently also one of the only reasons people kill Behemoth. Sure, theyre 1 guaranteed per kill, but high risk/reward makes it reasonable. 

Maybe make it something like Subjugation or seasinger. 

Just some thoughts. 

Kyle

Edited by Lexi

On 3/4/2018 at 7:13 AM, Kyle said:

I like this. Briefly glancing at the stats, itll be mid-level armour like you suggested so it wont de-value higher tier gear. Which is nice. 

The kits could also be spread around say 3 different bosses that are dead or dying, 3 easier bosses because its only mid level armour. (if you plan on doing 3 different kits, that is.) Tho hood could come from Giant mole, for example. Currently nobody really does mole, unless its for a slayer task. And thats rare to see. 

As for removing necromancer gear from the Glacor store and trimmed comp requirements... I would actually like to see it remain on there. Its one of the more versatile requirements, that doesnt NEED to be camped at one specific place. You can mix it up a bit where you get the shards from; the original spot at glacors, as a small reward from Nomad which is nice as a bonus while working for Nox, or you can mix it up by going to a wildy boss. Currently also one of the only reasons people kill Behemoth. Sure, theyre 1 guaranteed per kill, but high risk/reward makes it reasonable. 

Maybe make it something like Subjugation or seasinger. 

Just some thoughts. 

Kyle

there is only 1 kit, and giant mole wot drugs are ye doing kyle?, on a serious note i was consdering re working sunfreets combat script and hes pretty basic atm and can do alot more then he currently is but obv anything is possible.

Edited by Lexi

Ahh okay never mind splitting them around then xD

And yeah lmao I know Giant Mole is a bit bleh, but thats why I said just the hood xD worst piece, worst boss :P either way, doesnt matter cus only 1 kit xD

The only problem with sunfreet atm is he's donator only. If you moved him somewhere for non-donators to access, that would work nicely. Nobody really uses sunfreet either atm

Edited by Lexi

17 hours ago, Lexi said:

Good suggestion. I think an upgraded version of ahrims would be pretty cool. If people aren't down for the necro robes being that... is there anything else that could be used for it? (I don't play rs, so I'm not aware of all the items/gear), but that could be kind of a middle ground, and keep necro as is (if the community doesn't want to see it removed from trim, etc).

Personally, I don't have a strong opinion on it. I'm happy with my normal comp xD But like I said, I do think an upgraded version of ahrims could be pretty cool. & I like the idea of adding new drops, of course! It makes bosses/NPC's active.

Subjugation(lvl75) mage armour from RS3 is usually obtained from Zamorak boss but it could be a upgraded ahrims set + zamorak sigil(1-3) 1/128 dr per sigil

Am I mistaken or is Necromancer not currently the best offensive magic armour? At least that's what I remember it to be pre-reset. If so I think it would be sad to see it gone and nerfed. But I like the idea about a t75 armour for magic and I think there should be more such stuff to fill the gap between bandos/armadyl/subjugation and nex.

3 hours ago, Nurri said:

Am I mistaken or is Necromancer not currently the best offensive magic armour? At least that's what I remember it to be pre-reset. If so I think it would be sad to see it gone and nerfed. But I like the idea about a t75 armour for magic and I think there should be more such stuff to fill the gap between bandos/armadyl/subjugation and nex.

its not its currently ancestral > tect > nerco (the nerco skirt has same accuracy as ancestral skirt for some reason but shouldn't idk i was high when i re balanced armors.)

also the subj robes are much like the chaotic spear, we cannot get them fully animated so or perfect looking so we probs wont add them, as we dont load the revision with these items we  would have to add them in as customs 

i fully support this idea, but id suggest something like t80, ahrims is pretty good and then you have ganodermic armour, would be nice for a step above gano due to its straight to nex or ancestral armour which is a big step, just my opinion, i love the overall idea and im behind keeping nerco a comp(t) req and in the shop, due to it gives behemoth, glacors, nomad play ability for a long time