Rich Nub

Feeling like an ironman account

I am on a normal account, Not an ironman account, so why should i have to camp anton's shop for gems? thiev until i am 400m thieving just to gain some crafting exp, rely on fire spirit to give me charms for summoning?

I mean come on, i get that this server is a bit of a grind, i have no problem with that but i chose a normal account for a reason, not to play just like an ironman that can trade.

Summoning was perfectly fine, yes the charms were easy to obtain from the cows in lumbridge but honestly you still had to camp cows for about an hour or longer (depending on gear) to gain 99 summoning or in more serious players 120 summoning, to have this nerfed has wrecked summoning for me, i dont want to grind for 100 odd hours of charms to get 100m summoning xp.

Crafting i wish there was an easier way to get gems, making it more beneficial for newer players to camp these methods and make some money of the higher lvl players going for 400m crafting exp, i know you guys wanted to make a skilling eco but you cant have an eco without a decent supply of the items to feed the eco.

So my idea's in mind are, put the charms back to the old way, buff most of the crafting supply drops in bosses, such as kalphite queen, she used to drop 300 battlestaffs... i know that was a bit overpowered so maybe get her to drop 150-200? and her gems drops instead of 25 maybe make it to 50-75, making it worth ironmen and normal players to camp her for a reason other than drygores. therefor bringing more supplies into eco making them easier to sell/buy again.

I know this is a rant again from me, but i feel it needs to be brought into the light, i dont want to play as an ironman on a normal account anymore.

Thank you - After all this is in the discussion section so feel free.

Agree with this 100%. I understand the grind aspect of things. But nerfing literally anything having to do with skilling is a bit absurd. I feel like I'm also playing on an ironman account which heavily pushes me and other players away from the server. 

If they aren't going to change the charm system back to how it was, at least make charms tradeable that way players who aren't going for 400m XP or prestige they can sell their charms for a small sum of profit to help purchase skilling items like gems/hides/herb secondaries/etc. 

I am shocked they haven't changed it back considering the immense amount of negative feedback. Hoping with this post they see we aren't happy with how they nerfed charms and change it back. 

If I wanted to play as an ironman, I would simply create an ironman account. I don't see why they can't add shops for normal accounts cause ironmen clearly cannot purchase from shops. Pretty self-explanatory. 

+100 to this post. 

I support buffing the charm rate the entire time i was doing my bandos trip i didnt notice a single charm drop you shouldnt have to rely on fire spirits or hope you get pretty lucky doing combat to train summoning

Joined the server after the charms got nerfed so don't really have anything to compare it with. However it took me about 400m combat xp to get the charms to get 99 summoning doing stuff like slayer and lower bosses, that's way too slow imo and I would also really like to see an increase for this. As for crafting, I think its fine the way it is tbh, there's a ton of ways to get supplies.

In increase in skilling supplies/charm drops would really nice, even if its a small buff i think it would make new players really aim for max cape instead of putting it off simply because they can't seem to get any charms. yes there are other methods of making collecting charms easier such as the imp and the charms you get from the crystal chest. My suggestion is to perhaps add the other two types of charms to crystal chest so that collecting both crystal keys and muddy keys seems they've gotten a good drop. 

The charm system is new so im sure we can look into it and fix it if its needed, but from what I remember the system works like this its NPCs levels 1-50 = 1/50 chance, 50-100 1/25 chance, 100-150 1/10, chance anything higher im pretty sure drops a charm 100% of the time, also bosses drop the correct amount of charms, so lets say if you where to kill corp it will drop x20 of any charm as it did pre eoc, also, this is an economy server why not trying buying the supplies that you grinding 400m thief to get gems for? its seriously cant be that hard to buy supplies, and even then you can do low level activity's as a main account and still get amazing xp rates so i really don't see why you are complaining about not attempting to make trades on an economy server, or grinding for gems when you could of just made molten glass into orbs ect. (there is several different options all rewarding original rs exp x50 (+your donor rank and prestige rank). its really not that hard to get these items i feel considering i do play the game quite religiously , as a real man and need thousands of supplies to get 99s and it takes a main account probably  a few hundred supplies to get 99s. (i would also like to apologize if this offended anyone i am i no way shape or form trying to offend others or anything of that manner.)

Stop trying to kill cows then m9, kill water fiends, also it will be a bit easier once i get ryan to fkin make dks lair multi for those who where experienced pre eoc player, the will for sure enjoy barraging rock lobsters like back in le day <3

Guest kjp

Let the new kids speak for us. They are all hating the fact they cant get charms. I dont see what was wrong with it before?? Like if youre gunna nerf it that badly at least make them tradeable. 

Or instead of all the hassle and complaints just revert the old system back? Not 1 negative comment i think the community needs to be listened to on this one. 

I understand the reason behind making charms harder to obtain... but I do agree with this bunch. It might have been changed too excessively.. and it seems to de-motivate the newcomers.. Which is not even the last thing we want. I feel that if they could drop a little more commonly, there would be middle grounds, which would satisfy the players, and still be slightly harder to obtain than before.

There's gotta be a rarity somewhere in between what it is now, and what it used to be... and if there's not.. then I guess we will have to think of other ways to obtain them. Making them tradeable isn't an option (I've already asked about that), because they really don't want 99 summoning able to be bought.

About crafting.. I think the supplies are easy enough to obtain, that players can sell them to others. The amounts are fine. 

It would be really nice if shilo village had the gem mine coded tho, maybe with lower tier gems? There's a teleport to shilo village so I don't see why not. It would be nice if you could get like Jade, Red Topaz, Sapphire, and Emeralds. That way anyone whom wants to mine gems could get some of the lower tiers, but either have to buy or grind for higher ones.

52 minutes ago, Lexi said:

I understand the reason behind making charms harder to obtain... but I do agree with this bunch. It might have been changed too excessively.. and it seems to de-motivate the newcomers.. Which is not even the last thing we want. I feel that if they could drop a little more commonly, there would be middle grounds, which would satisfy the players, and still be slightly harder to obtain than before.

There's gotta be a rarity somewhere in between what it is now, and what it used to be... and if there's not.. then I guess we will have to think of other ways to obtain them. Making them tradeable isn't an option (I've already asked about that), because they really don't want 99 summoning able to be bought.

About crafting.. I think the supplies are easy enough to obtain, that players can sell them to others. The amounts are fine. 

It would be really nice if shilo village had the gem mine coded tho, maybe with lower tier gems? There's a teleport to shilo village so I don't see why not. It would be nice if you could get like Jade, Red Topaz, Sapphire, and Emeralds. That way anyone whom wants to mine gems could get some of the lower tiers, but either have to buy or grind for higher ones.

I feel like the biggest problem new players have is the lack of guides there are on how to do the content in game NEW and OLD, sure we have changed quite a bit, some for the best some for the worst and we are always listening to feed back from the community as much and some people may think we are not :P,  as we have already shown with our first poll, and there will be more in the future, but i do understand he might of been a bit harsh with the 1/50 for levels 1-50 ect, i remember all npcs dropping charms back in the day just lower level npcs dropped the worse ones more often so hopefully we can figure out how to make it work a bit more correctly. and for the supplies, we are already looking into new ways to give skilling supplies out via skilling/pvm/other rewards ect. we know there is for sure a lack of supplies and we are going to be taking care of it, i just feel like people except it asap and we cant always do that, people do have lives outside of the server, well at least Ryan dose lul. also we have a plan each week for what we are trying to doing that week, and im pretty confident that we will be starting the Basis of raids 2 in the near future.

On 2/11/2018 at 3:58 PM, Kenny said:

I feel like the biggest problem new players have is the lack of guides there are on how to do the content in game NEW and OLD, sure we have changed quite a bit, some for the best some for the worst and we are always listening to feed back from the community as much and some people may think we are not :P,  as we have already shown with our first poll, and there will be more in the future, but i do understand he might of been a bit harsh with the 1/50 for levels 1-50 ect, i remember all npcs dropping charms back in the day just lower level npcs dropped the worse ones more often so hopefully we can figure out how to make it work a bit more correctly. and for the supplies, we are already looking into new ways to give skilling supplies out via skilling/pvm/other rewards ect. we know there is for sure a lack of supplies and we are going to be taking care of it, i just feel like people except it asap and we cant always do that, people do have lives outside of the server, well at least Ryan dose lul. also we have a plan each week for what we are trying to doing that week, and im pretty confident that we will be starting the Basis of raids 2 in the near future.

Nice okay. & yea the guide thing, is true too. That's part of the reason I made a skilling guide, but it's hard to make guides on how to get stuff, because then it becomes outdated very fast, the moment things change. Sure we can make edits to it, but we don't know when things will change. I could tell them where to go to get charms, but then what happens if those npc's are removed, or charms are removed from their drops. Things like that.

What about if like lower level npc's dropped lower tier charms. Higher level npc's drop the higher ones? & all fairly common, just a matter of which level npc's you need to kill. That could be a possible solution.. Idk, I'm sure Ryan will figure something out for it :) 

Regarding the supplies.. I think if they were added to multiple npc's that could also be helpful. Rather than like.. "Go to Kalphite Queen for uncut gems". "Go to Dagannoth Prime for talismans" - if there was a "What drops water talismans?" "Kq, Dagannoth kings, Smokey Mcnuke (smoke devil boss lul)" and what ever else, in the list.. it might make it a lot easier, so they have a choice of where to go, based on their best gear, etc.

Edited by Lexi

6 minutes ago, Lexi said:

Nice okay. & yea the guide thing, is true too. That's part of the reason I made a skilling guide, but it's hard to make guides on how to get stuff, because then it becomes outdated very fast, the moment things change. Sure we can make edits to it, but we don't know when things will change. I could tell them where to go to get charms, but then what happens if those npc's are removed, or charms are removed from their drops. Things like that.

What about if like lower level npc's dropped lower tier charms. Higher level npc's drop the higher ones? & all fairly common, just a matter of which level npc's you need to kill. That could be a possible solution.. Idk, I'm sure Ryan will figure something out for it :) 

Regarding the supplies.. I think if they were added to multiple npc's that could also be helpful. Rather than like.. "Go to Kalphite Queen for uncut gems". "Go to Dagannoth Prime for talismans" - if there was a "What drops water talismans?" "Kq, Dagannoth kings, Smokey Mcnuke (smoke devil boss lul)" and what ever else, in the list.. it might make it a lot easier, so they have a choice of where to go, based on their best gear, etc.

ye i agree with the charms, and ive tried to do that with slayer but clearly i need to re-evaluate my drop tables :P just gotta wait for ryan to set it up so i can edit them on the go, and make quick fixes to broken/unnoted shit that still might be floating around, cuz some slayer mobs that i didnt or havent changed have dumb drops i think kalphites drop a torstol seed 1/1000 chance haha or something dumb like that 

I reworked the charm system a bit now to give you more lower tier charms as there was a lack of em, please give us feedback on that.

There are many alternatives to training other than buying the gems in a shop, however i agree that some things are quite a grind to get.

I believe a reason for this is that the economy is still fairly new and people are still working on getting their own max/5p/10b exps etc so they don't sell of their own supplies.

5 hours ago, Kenny said:

Already got this, was added with inferno and is accessable after you sacrifice a kiln cape.

I'll continue looking at this topic tho so feel free to keep suggesting changes :)

Here is how charms currently work:

@Kenny pulling numbers out of his ass as usual <3

We currenly have 2 charm "tables"

randomLowCharm,  which is either a gold or a green.

randomHighCharm, which has a 1/5 chance of being a randomLowCharm and if it doesn't hit that it will be a red/blue charm.

npcs:

lvl 3-19 has a 1/30 chance to give a randomLowCharm.

lvl 20-69 has a 1/20 chance to give a randomLowCharm.

lvl 70-99 has a 1/15 chance to give a charm, 1/6 to be a randomHighCharm or it will be a randomLowCharm.

lvl 100-300 has a 1/10 chance to give a charm, 50/50 chance to be a randomHighCharm or randomLowCharm.

lvl 300-599 has a 1/5 chance to give a randomHighCharm.

lvl 600+ has a 1/3 chance to give a randomHighCharm.

Waterfiends has a 50/50 chance to give a randomHighCharm.

Rock lobsters has a 50/50 chance to give 2 randomHighCharm(s).

Tormented demons has a 50/50 chance to get 4 randomHighCharm(s).

Nex has a 1/3 chance to give 20 randomHighCharm(s).

Corp has a 1/3 chance to give 13 randomHighCharm(s).

Vorago has a 1/3 chance to give 10 randomHighCharm(s).

18 hours ago, Ant0n said:

There are many alternatives to training other than buying the gems in a shop, however i agree that some things are quite a grind to get.

I believe a reason for this is that the economy is still fairly new and people are still working on getting their own max/5p/10b exps etc so they don't sell of their own supplies.

Agree. I think most skills are just great, XP and everything. But some skills such as crafting, smithing, herblore etc are a bit of a ballache in terms of getting the supplies, especially in comparison to other skills. Seem a bit unbalanced. And saying buy them off other players isn't really an answer considering most people don't really have any themselves, and if they do, they're saving them to use themselves. 

Would be good to see a bit more balance in regards to this, rather than just "I play, it's easy" kinda attitude. 

Yes, we understand it needs to be a bit of a grind. Yes, it doesn't have to be super easy. No, we don't wanna play a near ironman account with just a handful of skills.

Sorry it's a bit of a rant, don't wanna annoy anyone. But would just like to see a few LITTLE changes to balance some of the skills out, think it would help keep some of the new players playing. Would love to see this server get back into full swing like the good ol' days!

On 2/11/2018 at 8:48 PM, Ant0n said:

Already got this, was added with inferno and is accessable after you sacrifice a kiln cape.

^^
Yeaa just meant it would be nice for ironmen to mine it and not everyone can get a kiln cape. (Especially if they don't have a main account where they can just buy 2 bonds with in-game cash)

On 2/11/2018 at 4:15 PM, Kenny said:

ye i agree with the charms, and ive tried to do that with slayer but clearly i need to re-evaluate my drop tables :P just gotta wait for ryan to set it up so i can edit them on the go, and make quick fixes to broken/unnoted shit that still might be floating around, cuz some slayer mobs that i didnt or havent changed have dumb drops i think kalphites drop a torstol seed 1/1000 chance haha or something dumb like that

^^
Yeaa true. Oh well, stuff happens haha. I'm sure you'll get around to fixing it up. :P 

Edited by Lexi

On 2/14/2018 at 12:39 PM, Aldrete said:

I think everyone should just play iron man cuz grinding is fun =^) but on a side note y'all should be greatful there's more of a grind keeps you on longer ;) 

Aldreteeee! Gotta say, I missed seeing your input on things. Can't wait till you're back for good!